Thursday 24 September 2015

Brow Update

So in one of my first posts, I spoke about my eyebrows and how I was going to try and correct years of over plucking with castor oil, as advised by a threading therapist... well, its worked!

I finally grew back enough to get them threaded.
The castor oil really helped me with this. All I did was dip a cotton bud (Q-tip) in the little bottle of castor oil that I brought from Ebay, and rubbed it across my eyebrows then massaged it in. It gradually soaks in overnight, so all you need to do in the morning, before you put on any makeup, is to rub a cotton pad with just water or your regular cleanser on it to remove any residue that may remain. I did this every night for a few weeks and the majority had started to grow back within the first week! I recommend it to anyone who has over plucked their brows in the past or just generally wants to grow or thicken them.

I took the plunge today and had my eyebrows professionally tended to for the first time since I was about 14, and I am so pleased with the result. I had them threaded first, then decided to have them tinted too as the therapist told me it would fill in any gaps and match my hair colour better. I wanted to keep my brows quite a natural, full shape, so the therapist didn't actually thread them that much, she just reshaped and neatened them up.

In the picture below, the first photo is from a few weeks ago and is showing you how I usually fill my brows in with brow powder, which I'm hoping I won't have to do as much anymore and it means an extra 10 minutes sleep in the morning... WINNING! The second picture is just before I got them threaded. You can see that I hadn't plucked them in a while (which is hard for me as I've said before, I usually pluck as soon as hairs grow through). The last picture is straight after I'd had them threaded and tinted. They're quite dark in the photo but have actually lightened up a bit already. You can see they are more defined, arched and actually look thicker than before.

I hope the castor oil tip helps you if you were in the same situation as me, stuck in an over plucking cycle. Let me know how you get on if you try it.

Love,

Lauren xo

No comments:

Post a Comment