Monday 21 September 2015

Body Scrubs

I though I'd post about something a little different from beauty and makeup today... body scrubs! I have tried lots of different scrubs, which I've either brought myself or been given as part of a gift for birthdays or Christmas. There are two that have really stood out to me and that I've purchased regularly since first trying them.


The first one is Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub. I've tried a lot of Soap & Glory products in the past and have always been a fan. They sell a few different scrubs but I liked the sound of this particular one because it says on the tub that its made 'with smashed brown sugar, sweet lime, almond oil and macadamia grains', and I thought this would definitely smell gorgeous; exotic and tropical.

On first impressions, when first opening the tub, it really did smell lovely and exactly as I'd expected; it reminded me of a holiday on some sort of paradise island. The sweet brown sugar scent, mixed with the sharp lime is instantly noticeable. Visually, I was pleased to see that they haven't skimped on the 'scrub' part of the product. Its packed full of macadamia grains and crushed brown sugar. There is nothing worse than getting in the shower, trying out a new scrub, and scooping some out to realise its basically just like a slightly rougher shower gel. The packaging is stereotypical of Soap & Glory's retro, fun theme, with quirky instructions on how to use the product and humorous warnings about not getting it into your eyes. The tub is a decent size, and a little bit goes a long way too, so depending on how often you use it, it should last you quite a while.


When I first used the scrub, I applied a small handful to damp skin and rubbed it in using circular motions. You can feel it exfoliating dry, rough skin straight away as the roughness of the scrub is just right. Once rinsed off with warm water, the almond oil leaves skin feeling really soft and smooth. Some scrubs can leave a slightly greasy residue on skin but this isn't one of them. After getting rid of all those dry patches, it's good to rub in some moisturiser and I prefer to stick with the Soap & Glory theme and use the matching Sugar Crush Body Buttercream. There are a few more products with the same scent, such as a body mist and a body wash. I buy my Soap & Glory products from Boots. Currently, you can buy a 300ml tub of the body scrub for 8.00 and browse other Soap & Glory products from Boots online by clicking here.

The other scrub I love is Palmer's Cocoa Body Scrub. I've often used Palmer's Cocoa Butter ltion on dry skin and been impressed with how effective it is, so I was excited to try this body scrub. Its made with Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Vitamin E and natural crushed cocoa beans, so again I expected it to smell delicious.

My first impressions of this product when I first opened the tub were very positive! The creamy, rich cocoa and shea butter scent hit me straight away. I had a feeling this would feel luxurious and pampering on my skin. Again, the crushed cocoa beans were visible instantly, which is always a good thing. The packaging is recognisble as a Palmer's product as it follows the same colour scheme and layout as their legendary cocoa butter. The tub is a bit smaller than the Soap & Glory scrub but you do only need a small amount as it spreads quite far once on your skin.

I don't have a picture of this product inside the tub as I used it all and forgot to snap a little pic before it was all gone! I applied the scrub in the same way as the other one, in circular motions. The packagaing says to concentrate on 'areas that tend to be particularly dry like knees, elbows and heels' which I took note of. It definitely seemed to improve my dry knees after only a few uses, which I think is down to the ingredients having lots of moisturising properties, as well as the crushed cocoa beans. This product leaves skin feeling smooth, radiant and nourished after rinsing and drying. Once again, you could finish off the routine by using Palmer's Cocoa Butter to further moisturise your skin and boost the lovely scent. I bought my tub from Superdrug, where it currently costs £4.99 for 200ml. You can buy it from them online here.

So thats my two favourite scrubs... what are yours? Comment below and let me know :)

Love,

Lauren xo

No comments:

Post a Comment