Sunday 30 August 2015

My Top Brow Picks

Following up on my last post, I though I'd stick with the theme of eyebrows and tell you about some of my favourite eyebrow products. Filling your brows in can be an annoying task but anything that makes it even just that slight bit easier is a winner for me.

I am a huuuuge fan of Makeup Revolution, a collection of competitively priced professional quality makeup products starting from just £1.00.
I use so many of their products, which I will blog about and swatch in the near future, and I am never disappointed. With lower priced makeup, there is always some apprehension as to whether it will match the quality of higher end brands, but I can say from experience that Makeup Revolution doesn't disappoint.



In the picture above there are 3 Makeup Revolution eyebrow products that I currently use. The first is a new discovery, Ultra Brow Arch and Shape which consists of a fine felt tip on one end and an angled pencil on the other. This comes in 4 shades and currently costs £3.50. I have only recently started using this, as I usually use brow wax/powder, and actually found it really easy to define and fill in my brows with the pencil end. The felt tip is perfect for extending the end of the brows, as it's fine enough to look natural and neat. The best thing about this is that it stays on all day without smudging. I tested it on a warm day and it didn't budge at all, whereas with brow powder I have had a few issues with other brands smudging during a night out.

The 2nd and 3rd Makeup Revolution products are the Ultra Brow Palette  and the Pro E104 Eyebrow Brush. Prior to using the Ultra Brow Arch and Shape, I used this and still use it alongside the pencil to fill in the thicker parts of my brows. I purchased the medium to dark shade palette which costs £7.99, but its also available in fair to medium and extra dark to black. It contains 4 blendable powders, 2 tinted waxes, eyebrow arch enhancing cream, highlighter, mini tweezers and 2 mini brushes. I love this palette as it has so many different combinations to help achieve HD style brows, and the powders don't slide off your face. The tweezers are handy for stray hairs and the mini brushes are useful. I purchased the angled Pro Eyebrow Brush which is amazing value at only £1.99, as I sonetimes find it hard to use the miniature ones if I'm in a hurry.

The other product is Sleek's Brow Kit in dark, which costs £8.50 and contains pigmented wax and powder, 2 brushes and mini tweezers. I use this to take out with me, as it contains similar items to the Makeup Revolution set but is handbag friendly due to its size.
So theres my pick of my top eyebrow products. 

You can browse all of Makeup Revolutions brow products here and Sleek's brow kit here.

Comment on this post and let me know your favourite brow products.

Love,

Lauren xo




No comments:

Post a Comment